The aim of the Department of Economics in general and social sciences, in particular; is to provide our students with a strong undergraduate curriculum containing the necessary theoretical foundation for the discipline of economics and related problem-solving tools.
- The program is essentially designed to improve creative thinking skills of our students. In addition, basic economics, statistic, mathematical, and econometric methods are emphasized in the curriculum.
- Our elective courses provide students with an opportunity to deepen their knowledge in certain topics and to apply their theoretical knowledge in real life settings.
- At the beginning of their studies, students of the Department of Economics receive excellent computer training. Both hardware and software trainings are given by faculty members who are experts in their fields and have completed their doctorate overseas.
- Students are taught software programs such as Word, Excel and Power-Point, at the highest proficiency level.
- Students are also introduced to statistics and econometric analysis programs to be used in their own academic research.
Successful graduates are employed in public and private sector institutions. These areas include raw materials and human resources, production, planning and commercial sectors, banks, insurance companies, stock exchanges and brokerage firm. They can also find jobs in education and research institutions, and in the State Planning Organization as an "Expert". They also work as managers and consultants in both private and public sectors. Those students who excel in a foreign language with computer skills have much better job opportunities.
Length of Program
Economics is a four year program.